CPA – Nonprofit audit and tax services
– 20+ years as Audit Manager and Audit Partner with three different local CPA firms.
– Performed audits and reviews for over 150 different nonprofits
– Prepared tax returns and annual filings to the IRS, FTB, Attorney General, and
Secretary of State: Forms 990/990EZ and all schedules, 199, CT1, RRF1,1023/1024
Professor, Adjunct for University of San Diego, MA in Nonprofit Leadership Studies.
– Wrote and taught 3 unit “Nonprofit Finance” course for nonprofit masters degree students, mostly non-accountants
Instructor and Consultant for Nonprofit Management Solutions
– Teaching various workshops in nonprofit accounting, budgeting, tax, financial reporting, Treasurer’s duties, and audit preparation.
Author / Contributor
– The 2005 and 2010 versions of the AICPA Audit Committee Toolkit for Not-for-profit Organizations AICPA Toolkit
Sara Góngora recently joined our firm after working for a statewide non-profit organization for over sixteen years. As CFO, she oversaw the financial operations of ten regional offices and programs, including managing the development and administration of million dollar budgets for both agency-funded and grant-funded programs and activities. She has proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through monitoring and evaluation of financial management systems, implementation of process improvements, contract negotiation, fund development, and information technology. She also brings valuable experience of over ten years in private sector accounting and as a small business owner. Sara provides financial and accounting services, internal control reviews as well as management reporting and financial statement analysis.
Sara Góngora received an Associates in Science Degree in Computer Operations, a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, a Graduate Certificate in Accountancy from San Diego State University, and is currently working on her Master of Arts degree in Nonprofit Leadership and Management at the University of San Diego.
Ms. Góngora is committed to giving back to the community and she has worked tirelessly alongside Hugo Sánchez, Mexico’s best-ever soccer player, to bring free soccer programs to underserved communities in San Diego. She is also collaborating in the fundraising efforts to build a 100 acres all-encompassing soccer complex. This state-of-the-art complex will provide the community a wholesome environment that offers safe playing fields, and promote healthy living.